Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Traveling

Oh to be able to travel.
I like traveling. It's exciting and fun. Getting to check out new places and experiences.
Meeting new people. I have been fortunate enough to get some travle time in.
Traveling for me really started when I was 12 I guess. My mom, sister, uncle and I had the chance to go to New York for a couple weeks. This was such a great experience. We went to some of the landmarks there. The Statue of Liberty and the Twin Towers are the only things I remember going to.
Of course we went to The Watchtower Headquarters. This was an awesome experience. Just being able to see everything work and watch as the books and magazines were being made, packed, and shipped was a great eyeopener showing how global the organization is.
The next place that I will say is part of my travel experiences will have to be when my mom, sister and I went on a cruise to Ensenada. The experience was fun, but the cruise was lacking. Not much to do when your on a boat in miles from the shore. It would probably have been better if it was a group of us that went together.
I remember bringing back a knock off Nike hat. I did win the game show that the cruise held on one of those nights. That was fun. Too bad the prize was a bottle of really gross sparkling wine, and a really lame trip to some attraction on the coast of Ensenada.
It then took a few years for another real trip. This one I will say was to London, Whales, and Paris. My mom, sister, and I went on this one. Aside from the 12 hour flight, it was a great trip. I will never forget the metro system. You stand on the platform waiting and an annoucement on the intercom says "Mind the Gap." I know this doesn't mean much, but it's cool when you hear that intercom on movies and you can say "I know that annoucement." London was a really cool city to be in. It was neat being in a different culture like that.
We didn't spend to much time in Whales, but I remember it being more laid back. The main reason we went there was because my mom was following her geneology line and it led her there. She wanted to visit the library and check out the history.
Paris was by far the best. I would love to go there again. It was a really neat culture, felt more laid back, and just a had a good, fun time being there.
All three of these places were really cool, not just because they were in Europe, but they have real history. American history goes back three hundred years or so, (not counting the native indians), but the history in London, Whales, and France... you're looking at hundreds to thousands of years. There were ruins from when the Romans went through in time before Christ. That was a real eye opener. It never really dawned on me until then.
Spain would have to be my last real trip that I took. It was with five other friends. What a great time. Arriving in Madrid, renting a car, and driving for several days until we arrived in Barcelona, to take our flight home.
Well, it's going to be a while, but I know that my wife and I will be able to take a trip together. I plan on taking her to Paris and the France countryside. I know she really wants to and we will. We have been able to go to Maui. That was a blast. Such a peaceful and beautiful place to go. Hiking, swimming, and being lazy. Can't get much better than that.
That ends this part of the blog. I will have more about my travels, along with pictures and video.

No comments:

Post a Comment