Thursday, February 26, 2009

Moving

Well, once again I have moved. Well, not just me, my wife also, so I guess that makes it we have moved. I don't like moving. Actually, I take that back, I don't mind moving too much. It's the process of moving that I don't like. Too much back and forth and lifting and putting things away and packing things in boxes. If it wasn't for that kind of stuff moving would be great. It would be awesome to just sell everything before the move, load up your personal items, and then when you get to your destination, you have everything there. Maybe that would be cool. Maybe not. I would like to not have to have everything try to crush me when it is being moved.

OK. Enough of that.

We moved to a nice little duplex in Fair Oaks. Lovely place. A bit smaller than what we were in, but it has a yard. For those of us who have lived in an apartment, they don't have much of a yard, if any at all. We are free to do whatever we want with this yard, within reason.
I see a garden going in. And hopefully many more bar-b-ques this summer and fall. I really want to have more people over. I miss that. I enjoy having the association and fellowship of everyone enjoying themselves. Darts, poker, other little games. Can't wait.
Just have to finish unpacking and getting settled in. I missed having a yard. It was so peaceful being able to work on a garden or mow the grass and trim it. Just being able to look out and actually see that the time and work you put in makes it your own.
Once we are done and not living out of boxes, I will post some pictures. The grass needs some love, and seed and fertilizer. Some roses need to be trimmed back, and we have a big bramble bush in the back corner tha i need to tame. I think those might be my first quest.

Until next time...
Chris.

1 comment: